Texting is the new "first step" in dating, so it's important that you're doing it right. To help you out, we've got a list of three texting TURN-ONS and three TURN-OFFS. Listen up . . .
Three texting turn-ONS are . . .
1. Jokes. Sarcasm and jokes are a great way to break the ice while keeping things light.
2. Movie Quotes. Movie quotes are always a good use of a flirty text. Like, if you both love the movie "Anchorman", try responding to a text with a fitting quote they'll know. (Just don't go full Ron Burgundy and call someone a "dirty pirate hooker.")
3. Asking Them Out. Traditionally, you should ask someone out with a phone call. But you can lay the groundwork with a text asking them if they're free to hang out that weekend, then follow up on the phone to firm up plans.
And three texting TURN-OFFS are . . .
1. Using Lame Abbreviations. Texting is supposed to be quick and fun, but using made-up word abbreviations like "totes amaze" and "cray" comes off as immature, or like you're trying too hard. Or both.
2. Spelling Mistakes. You don't have to use perfect punctuation and grammar, but it gets annoying if you're constantly sending texts with tons of spelling mistakes.
3. Using Friend-Zone Terms. Using words like "friend" and "buddy" in your texts is THE fastest way to let someone know you're not that into them.