If you want to live in a healthy community with great home-price appreciation, you should head west my friend.
That's the top markets in RealtyTrac's 2013 Health & Wealth Special Report are at, with just a few exceptions.
The analysis took Local Market Monitor's 22 best markets for appreciation and incorporated 10 health factors from RealtyTrac data. The study also looked at the unemployment rates and foreclosure discounts in those areas.
The Top 12
1. Austin-Round Rock, Texas
2. Fargo, North Dakota/Minnesota
3. Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Arkansas/Missouri
4. Provo-Orem, Utah
5. Des Moines-West Des Moines, Iowa
6. Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C.
7. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif.
8. Salt Lake City, Utah
9. Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, Tenn.
10. Billings, Mont.
11. Cheyenne, Wyo.
12. Sioux Falls, S.D.
Get the full story at yahoo.com