...Just how far can you drive with your car’s “fuel empty” light illuminated?
The answer depends on all sorts of variables like the age and model of your car, how much weight you’re carrying, and what kind of driving you’re doing.
The website TankOnEmpty.com lets drivers record just how far they’ve driven certain types of cars after their empty lights came on. The results are not scientific, though. Even for a car with a large number of data points, the estimates aren’t super-precise.
The Honda Civic, for example, has 238 entries and an average range of 44.17 miles after the light comes on, but the standard deviation of the data is 23 miles.
Most Voted Cars
1. Honda Accord Avg distance: 46.64
2. Honda Civic Avg distance: 44.17
3. Toyota Corolla Avg distance: 45.99
4. Toyota Camry Avg distance: 45.17
5. Ford Focus Avg distance: 38.33
6. Mazda Miata Avg distance: 34.19
7. Ford F-150 Avg distance: 38.83
8. BMW 3-Series Avg distance: 42.64
9. Volkswagen Jetta Avg distance: 43.71
10. Ford Taurus Avg distance: 33.19
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR TANK