If you have been checking out the Early Morning Show, you should have figured out by now that I am not a big fan of Valentine's Day. I never really have been, even when I wasn't single. But since I am single this Valentine's Day it has really bummed me out seeing all the mush and what-not that goes into this Hallmark holiday. So I found some tips in order to survive Single Awareness Day.
1. Do what you like - The day is totally yours and you don't have anyone telling you what you can or can't do so savor it.
2. Treat yourself - No reason why you shouldn't splurge on something to show yourself the love.
3. Get your friends together - party with the single people, trust me that you aren't the only one.
4. Flirt like there is no tomorrow - you're single so you can flirt with ANYONE!
5. Do something for someone else - like a family member or friend to make them feel loved.
6. If you are single with kids, do something special with them - go see a movie, take them to the park, plan a special night out focusing on them.
7. Work out - getting in some exercise will cause endorphins, endorphins make you happy.
8. Step out of your dating comfort zone - sign up for online dating, go on a blind date, meet new people.
9. Have a few beverages - but not enough to make you think about calling, texting or stalking your ex.
10. Ignore the day completely - treat February 14th as any other day.