I came across an article the other day that actually made me feel better about that fact that I am not a millionare. In this day and age, as well as this economy I think we all strive to have and make more money because we think and feel that it might make our lives easier. Although most people would agree that money actually CAN buy happiness, here are 10 things that are better than money from Yahoo! Small Business Advisor.
1. Life - You are alive and that itself is a miracle. As the old saying goes, "every day above ground is a good day."
2. Health - Start thinking as having health as something good that's happening to you rather than thinking of illness as something bad that happens to you.
3. Purpose - You have a place in the world and your actions make it a better place.
4. Friendship - Almost everyone has friends, whether you speak every day or have lost touch over the years. It's never too late to reconnect.
5. Family - Having a close relationship with your family can be one of the deepest sources of happiness.
6. Self-reliance - Feeling secure and knowing that you can count on yourself to accomplish what you need to creates quiet but potent happiness.
7. Community - Support from a wider group makes you more aware that you are part of something greater than yourself.
8. Gratitude - Be thankful for the wonderful things in your life, rather than focusing on what you don't have or what's out of reach.
9. Laughter - Have you ever tried to laugh and be miserable at the same time? It's impossible.
10. Love - Does this one really need an explanation?