While being single definitely has its ups and downs, today I am going to celebrate why being single has its advantages and here are 10 reasons why.....
1. You're more hire-able - If you're looking for a job, being single gives you an edge because you are more likely to work for less money (not so good), but you are also more likely to move around to wherever places are hiring because of a sense of urgency that you need to support yourself.
2. You're slimmer - People tend to let themselves go, especially when it comes to personal appearance if they are in a committed relationship.
3. You're good at everything - Meaning you can maintain a household by yourself even when it comes to chores, hanging pictures, cooking, paying bills and even checking the coolant in your vehicle. You can figure out life's curveballs by yourself.
4. You make the world a better place - When the possibility of love is in the air men and women are more likely to do things to impress others with acts of kindness such as donating or volunteering for charity.
5. You're free to pursue the life you want - It's not easy to admit but most people need to spend time alone in order to figure out who they truly are. When you do that then you are able to pursue the life that is most meaningful to you.
6. You drink less alcohol (if you're a woman) - According to a recent study, marriage drives women to drink because your partners' habits, specifically the bad ones, rub off on you.
7. You can squeeze into last-mintue spots easier than a pair could - Being single usually means you can get better last-minute seats at a concert or movies and you're more likely to become friends' "plus one" at fun events because you never get "plus two".
8. You can take risks and make life changes with a clear conscience - If you feel like making a career change, or moving to another city, or you want to go on a year long hiatus to a foreign country you can. When you are single is the time in your life to do all those crazy things that you have dreamed of before you settle down with a partner.
9. You meet a lot more people - Single people are more approachable everywhere which ends up exposing you to a lot more of what life has to offer.
10. You still get to have that first kiss - The dating scene can be very discouraging (I would know), but one of the ups of dating is that you get to have that first kiss with someone you just started seeing. Not a lot of things in long-term relationships can relate to that first spark and magical moment you have with someone new.
So let's celebrate the awesomeness that is being single. Anyone else feel like happy hour!?