I'm sure we have all had daydreams of telling our boss to shove it at one point or another in a career, but we resist because we know that it's a bad idea.
That's just one of the 7 things Entrepreneur magazine came up with on this list of things you should never say to your boss.
1. "How do I do that?" If you don't know how to do something, don't worry about it. Not right away, anyway. Just say you're on it . . . you can figure out how later.
2. "I don't have the time." No one does. So make time, and bump your lowest priority a little lower.
3. "No." This one's self-explanatory.
4. "I'm going to HR." If you have a problem with your boss, find someone who's equal to them or higher up. Forget about HR.
5. "It wasn't me, it was that other person." Pointing fingers is weak.
6. "So-and-so's an idiot".
7. "Take this job and shove it." Not that anyone would ever put it that way . . . but the point is:
Quit professionally. Don't burn bridges.