The Craig and Rachel Bookworm Reading Program
Registering your class for the WTBX's Bookworm Program is easy! Just call Linda before March 14, 2014, at WTBX and she will sign up your class. 749-3000, 262-4545 or 327-1194. Any Northland school teacher is welcome to register their class in the 1st – 6th grade.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors: United Way of Northeastern Minnesota, and Sammy's Pizza of Hibbing and Grand Rapids
Bookworm Contest Details
- The reading contest will start on March 17th and end on April 18th, 2014.
- The contest will be divided up into three groups: 1st-2nd,3rd-4th grade and 5th - 6th grade.
- All classrooms who sign up will receive two books for their classroom library from the United Way of Northeastern Minnesota. And all kids in our three winning classrooms will each receive a book also from the United Way of Northeastern Minnesota.
- For students that apply books can be read to them, for those students who can read they must read the books themselves.
- Each book completed must be registered on an official "WTBX Bookworm Log" form and verified by a parent/guardian or a teacher/school official. Feel free to make as many copies as needed. The classroom teacher must collect and total all forms.
- The total of all books completed by your class, and all the "WTBX Bookworm Log" forms must be returned to WTBX by Friday April 25th, 2014. The winning classrooms will be announced LIVE on the WTBX morning show the following week. WTBX will coordinate the day and time for the class's pizza party with the teacher after the winning classes are announced.
- The classes, one from each group, that have read the most books during the contest will win a pizza party with Craig and Rachel from WTBX and Sammy's Pizza!
Download the Official Rules and Contest Form
Mail Your Completed Forms
- Teachers mail your completed forms to:
- WTBX Radio
- Bookworm Reading Contest
- 807 West 37th Street
- Hibbing, MN 55746