By Lisa Costantini, Hollywood.com Staff
One day after it was revealed to the world that cyclist and cancer survivor, Lance Armstrong, finally admitted to taking banned substances his entire racing career and systematically lied about it, the self-proclaimed ""arrogant prick"" opened up to Oprah Winfrey in the second half of their two-part interview.
During the one hour sit-down which aired on the Queen of Talk's network, OWN America's most beloved talk show host got America's most disgraced athlete to delve more into his personal life. The two touched on Armstrong's charity, his future, and his family. These more personal subjects led to the evening's most touching moment as the 41-year-old father of five couldn't hold back his emotion as he recounted the time he had to break the news to his 13-year-old son who had been defending him all along telling him, ""Don't defend me anymore."" See more of Armstrong's revealing quotes from the interview below.
1) ""And that was the most humbling moment."" -On stepping down from the foundation he established, LIVESTRONG.
2) ""Oh, I knew who you were talking about."" -On Oprah's friend who heard about her upcoming interview and said, ""I heard he is a real jerk."" Meaning you, said Oprah.
3) ""I don't like that guy. That is a guy who felt he was invincible, was told he was invincible, truly believed he was invincible. That's who that guy was. That guy is still there. I'm not going to lie to you or to the public and say, Oh, I'm in therapy. I feel better. He's still there."" -On old tapes of him under oath refuting the doping charges.
4) ""If you're asking me do I want to compete again, the answer is hell yes. I'm a competitor. It's what I've done my whole life. I love to train. I love to race. I love to toe the line. And I don't expect it to happen.""
5) ""This might not be the most popular answer, but I think I deserve it."" -On whether he deserves the chance to compete again.
6) ""Yeah. And over the course of my life I've done it sporadically. And I'm the type of person that needs to not do it sporadically. It needs to be consistently. I've had a messy life. It's not an excuse, but this is going to be a long process."" -On whether he is doing therapy.
7) ""She wasn't that curious. Perhaps she didn't want to know. She certainly knew, but need to know basis. I guess maybe I protected her a little bit from that."" -On his ex-wife, Kristen.
8) ""Yeah, because I thought, and I still think that the sport was very clean."" -On whether he expected to come back after retiring and win the Tour de France for an eighth time, even though he was no longer doping.
9) ""I said listen, there's been a lot of questions about your dad. My career. Whether I doped or did not dope. I've always denied that. And I've always been ruthless and defiant about that. You guys have seen that. It's probably why you trusted me on it. Which makes it even sicker. And I said I want you to know that it's true. "" -On the discussion he had with his son, 13 and twin daughters, 11.
10) ""Selfishly, yes. But realistically, I don't think that's going to happen. And I have to sit with that."" -On whether he is hoping that his lifetime ban on competing will be lifted.
11) ""I'm an optimist and I like to look forward. This has caused me to look back.""
12) ""My stepfather called me and said your mom is having a really hard time, and I said, I'm sure, but she's a tough lady. She has gotten through every other tough moment in her life. And then we were Facetiming with her grandkids back and forth and I saw my mom and I thought, oh, this woman is a wreck. It took seeing her to really understand that this is taking a toll on her life.""
13) ""I don't know. I'm deeply sorry for what I did. I can say that thousands of times and it may never be enough to get back. You're asking me if I can come back."" -On whether he will rise again.
14) ""Without a doubt."" -On whether as a result of all this it helped him be a better human being.
[Photo Credit: George Burns/Harpo]
Lance Armstrong's Oprah Confession: 28 Revealing Quotes From the Interview
A Lance Armstrong Movie Being Crafted by J.J. Abrams Because You'll See It, That's Why
Oprah to Talk to Lance Armstrong. What Are Her 10 Most Awkward Interviews Ever?
From Our Partners:Child Stars: Where Are They Now? (Celebuzz)
Craziest Celebrity Swimsuits (Celebuzz)